Thursday, August 18, 2011

Madonna.....Whore.....Assistant......Buddy......

I've noticed that men seem to want women to do everything. Like we are supposed to be mothers and kiss boo-boos, be sexual goddesses and take them places they've never been, support their dreams and desires, and watch sports with them. I got tired just making the list of thngs they seem to want from us....Like really!!


Down with the To-Do list!!


What sparked this...shall we say, mental rant, was something I keep seeing in my definition of  epidemic proportions. Guys who have side hustles or are trying to get a dream off the ground seem to be saying "Oh I need an assistant, someone to get/keep my life in order, maybe I'll just get a girlfriend...then I won't have to pay the salary or worry about taxes." Can you say 'deadpan expression' ?!?!? The first time I saw a tweet/facebook status about this 'alternative' to hiring a real employee I was slightly taken aback and hoped that this was purely their twitter/FB persona taking over.....but as I saw the RT's asking for an assistant, preferably female, maybe a girlfriend if they weren't interested in being just an assistant I was shellshocked....like is that what men really get girlfriends for? Aside from steady yssup, love, and all that jazz of course....

Well, time passed and I basically forgot about it...until today. I was reading a popular bloggers "personal"/solo blog and he mentioned it as well, except he said it would be easier to get an assistant because then you wouldn't have to deal with the extras. Seeing as he said it in a humorous way, I admit I was amused, but that made me again wonder is that really how guys think?

And it led to the bigger question...do we as girlfriends really act that way? Do we do all those things and make it seem so easy, that it leads them to ask for more?

I briefly glossed over my history as a girlfriend and came to the conclusion that I have in fact been all these things for a significant other at one time or all at the same time ("And the pseudo-superwoman award of 2011 goes to....."). So that makes me wonder.....what do we want from men that they feel entitled to expected the Madonna/Whore/Assistant/Buddy....quadfecta (is that a word?) from us?

Well that's all I have for now...I should probably do what they're paying me to do now. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment