Thursday, August 16, 2012

Lesson Learned

I am selfish.

I like attention.

I despise having my intelligence insulted.

I despise being made to look a fool.


I have yet to truly understand why love is so difficult. Why I can recognize the crazy relationship flaws in others and not myself? Why did I choose to love a man child who can't find calm within himself so therefore can't stand the stillness I can provide. He is always seeking the next best thing: in cars, jobs, majors, and apparently women. I refuse to beat myself up or linger over the deception for too long but I need to figure out why I can't accept a man without baggage or a wandering eye. The biggest part is the years I've wasted because something you can never get back is time. And I wasted far too much of mine on a selfish individual who couldn't commit to anything including me. Take this as another lesson learned and a reminder to stop getting distracted. Smh.

No comments:

Post a Comment