Wednesday, November 28, 2012

#TheStruggleToYourSeason

When you're young, life seems easy and straightforward. You're told what to do, when to do it, how to do it.....if you were actually RAISED that is lol The challenge comes when you get older and have to 'find' yourself and depend on lessons you have learned and cautionary tales you were told as a child to get you through.

I was always told growing up that a hard head made a soft ass and child my ass should be Charmin soft because I can be a hardheaded fool! I've learned many a lesson because I am superbly hardheaded and have put myself in...uncomfortable....situations. But I'm glad I have reached a point where I'm sitting still and being quiet and LISTENING and HEARING stories others tell so I don't have to experience it ALL firsthand.

I've made some moderately large changes in my life in the last year and stepped out on faith and a whole lot of other good stuff and I'm just glad it's finally starting to seem like it's paying off. It's nice to know that the choices you've made aren't horrible and the suffering is not in vain. SOMEBODY is noticing and appreciating you and what you do. The payoff?? Well, I will finally have a salaried job in my field and for that I'm immensely grateful. I feel like this is the launching pad to serving my greater purpose. Yeah business and all that I could do with a hand tied behind my back and both eyes closed but I would have been unfulfilled and BORED. Paid a little more but bored as all fucks and that's just not good for my life. Social services is my calling. Making a difference in one life will make mine worth living. It creates a domino, pay-it-forward effect & I need some type of positive inconsistent consistency in my life that social services brings and right now I feel like I'm at the edge of MY greatness. Not yours, not his, not hers, but MINE. Recognizing that what is for someone else is not necessarily for me or not necessarily for me AT THAT TIME is one of the greatest but most difficult lessons my 24 lil years on this Earth has taught me.

Finding yourself in this world where degrees and letters behind your name, who you know, the deepness of your skintone, and what tax bracket you fall into has a major impact on your life is difficult but overall on my journey I have no regrets. Not naan single one. Could I have done things differently? SURE. Would I advise anyone to take my path? FUCK NO. I'll keep it real about what I've done and seen but everyone's journey is unique. But regrets? No ma'am. No sir. Because without what I've been through, who I've loved, who I've lost, and who I've hated, I wouldn't be me. And me LOVES me some me chile! I'm just excited to see where this journey takes me next. Hopefully to more levels of positivity. My bff's told me that God is blessing me and that I'm finally coming into my season because we've been shooting in the gym for quite a while. I sure hope that they're right. Definitely hope they're right....






*Photo: Google Images*

No comments:

Post a Comment